Monday, May 3, 2010

Ladies Seminar

This past Saturday I had the joy of teaching, along with my fellow teammate Lisa Newland, and two other pastor's wives at a ladies seminar in Nyasaka. We taught on Silaha za Mungu (The Armor of God). Each of us took a different piece of the armor and taught on it. I gave the introduction to the lesson and spoke on our enemies. 1. The World, 2. Our Flesh, and 3. Satan, as well as the Belt of Truth.


When I got up to teach I introduced myself. I told them, I am a mother just like you. I stay at home and take care of my husband and children. They all clapped! Ahh, here is a teacher they could relate with! I explained that since my main job is taking care of my home, my Swahili may not be as good as I would like. They were so gracious. They were just happy to have me there. They helped me along as I made mistakes, pronounced things incorrectly, or used a word that wasn't appropriate. It was a great encouragement to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment