Sunday, February 26, 2012

Soaring




"Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that 
the everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends 
of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no 
searching of his understanding. He giveth power to 
the faint; and to them that have no might he 
increaseth strength. Even the youths shall faint and be 
weary, and the young men shall utterly fall:  But 
they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their 
strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; 
they shall run, and not be weary; and they 
shall walk, and not faint."
Isaiah 40:28-31



While at a friend's house a  storm came up.  Becky called me to come out and look at the lake. The  thick storm clouds  made the  lake dark,  and there were white caps from the boisterous winds. As we were  admiring God's power  in the wind, we saw a  fish eagle  trying to fly. The wind was so strong that even this powerful bird was  finding it difficult.  But he wasn't giving up! We watched on as he spread his wings and  flew victoriously.

Some days  life  can be like that dark storm. Like the wind is pushing us and keeping us from moving forward. It's like the proverbial  "two steps forward, one step back." Some days it can seem like we'll never get anywhere. Like it's time to give up and let the wind have it's way.

As I watched this fish eagle struggle against something   he could not control,   it made me think of the struggles I have in a world that I have no control over. It made me think about  the One who does have control.

Most all of us know  Isaiah 40:31,  but I love the verses that proceed it, too. They remind us of who our God is. It reminds us of His strength   and   wisdom.  PRAISE GOD  I don't have to lean on my own ability. He knows the storm I'm in. He knows I am but dust; a weak vessel.  He is my strength!

3 comments:

  1. It was nice "meeting" you over on my WOTH blog. Thought I'd see what you have to say here. Lots of good stuff! I'll be back....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was excited to see you had commented on my blog. Thanks! I'm still growing in this blogging thing, but love to read your blog and others to learn from.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! I can relate! Nice parallel!

    Stopping by from Life in Bloom. :)

    ReplyDelete