Sunday, May 3, 2015

Hiding God's Word in Our Hearts


"Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee."
Psalm 119:11


Memorizing God's Word is an important spiritual disciple for a Christian. I've been working on memorizing 1 John myself, which hasn't been easy. There are so many things that vie for my time and effort. Psalm 1:2 challenges us to meditate on God's Word day and night. What better way to meditate than through memorization?! 

For the past two months I have been teaching the pastors/leaders' wives about biblical love. I challenged them in April to memorize 1 Corinthians 13:4-7. For those who could memorize it I promised a laminated Subway Art Print of the verses in Swahili. I was thrilled when six ladies quoted the verses! There were a few more who tried, but didn't quite get it. I've given them one more month to earn the desired Subway Art Print. 

What are you currently memorizing? I'd love to read about it in the comments!



No comments:

Post a Comment